Author Topic: Mud on Wood Road  (Read 2399 times)

HilaryB

• Snr. Member
Mud on Wood Road
« Posted: 12 Dec 2011, 18:56:47 »
The PC are very well aware of this problem; I have had numerous complaints; please, no more phone calls, I have done all I can short of getting a brush and shovel out! I complained very strongly to  the Site Agent this morning and despite promises saw no noticeable results, so contacted the Area Highways Manager at NCC, who has always proved to be a hero in the past - his reply :-

I have contacted the MGWSP site manager who’s responsible for this site, and he has called me back to inform me that he has spoken to the groundwork site agent to make sure that the road is kept clear of mud.  The site agent was going to speak to his contracts manager; however if the situation does not improve we will take enforcements action against the company.
Hopefully the site manager will be able to update me tomorrow on how they intend to comply with our request; however if you get any further problems please let me know.  RW.

ROBGIDDINGS

Re: Mud on Wood Road
« Reply #1 Posted: 12 Dec 2011, 19:40:11 »
Its shocking, to think i just spent £16 on a full van valet and clean for winter now its covered in mud from the ROAD we pay ROAD TAX for.

Lets hope they sort it out, and quick.

Fireworks Graham

« Reply #2 Posted: 12 Dec 2011, 21:18:14 »
Without doubt today is the worst I've seen it and there are lumps of mud heading out towards Blatherwycke and near our house.

I've heard of a number of people going off the road towards Stamford which the police have said is due to mud from the tip - if a similar incident happens in the village there is the chance of hitting a pedestrian.

Is this now getting to be a matter for the police?

HilaryB

• Snr. Member
« Reply #3 Posted: 13 Dec 2011, 08:39:49 »
I spoke to the Police last week and got the answer I expected - this is not a Police matter; I did suggest it would become their problems if a boy racer upskittles his hot-rod and ends up in someone's livingroom on Wood Road - to which they did agree!  Please accept there is little more the Parish Council can do on this matter.  I have done all I can at the moment.  Sorry about vehicles getting mucky, perhaps avoid Wood Road where possible?

HilaryB

• Snr. Member
« Reply #4 Posted: 15 Dec 2011, 15:54:03 »
PLEASE can I beg residents NOT to call me, as Parish Clerk, about mud on Wood Road, and throughout the rest of the village.  I am more than aware of this, my phone never stops ringing, and short of getting a brush and shovel out, there is nothing more I can do.  I have reported to every authority possible; Persimmon are no longer returning my messages to their Peterborough branch (they are not available whenever I get through to the switchboard).  Thank you!  Hilary

Fireworks Graham

« Reply #5 Posted: 15 Dec 2011, 17:05:11 »
I rang Persimmon on Tuesday and having suggested that a good number of villages would be sending them bills for cleaning their cars the construction director rang me back with the offer of a visit from the site manager to discuss the problem!  I suggested his time would be better spent with a brush and shovel rather than talking to me!

The number to ring Persimmon on is 01733 397200 and I would suggest individuals ring with their complaints direct - not convinced that they will do anything.  A call to the Stamford Mercury will be my next move although they have had a road sweeper out a few times today.

mtscott

« Reply #6 Posted: 21 Dec 2011, 14:56:08 »
Just a suggestion,It must cost a small fortune for the mud spreaders (sorry i mean road sweepers) to spread the mud around instead of cleaning.So could the contractor not pay the owners of the track at the top of willow lane to use that for the traffic leaving site as it comes out along the road between wansford hill and west hay and it would also half the lorries comming through  the village.

Rob. M

• Parish Councillors
« Reply #7 Posted: 23 Dec 2011, 15:12:22 »
'although they have had a road sweeper out a few times today'

Is this the 'mid sized' white road sweeper marked Kier that drove down Park Street this morning? (23 Dec.201) It did not seem as large as the road sweeper vehicles used by NCC.

Fireworks Graham

« Reply #8 Posted: 24 Dec 2011, 17:31:40 »
They've had a lot of different contractors sweeping - including the small white one.  None have been particularly effective but better than nothing.  At least the road is clean at the moment and should stay so until the new year whilst the site is shut!

Fireworks Graham

« Reply #9 Posted: 17 Jan 2012, 15:40:56 »
Sad to say that Persimmon seem to have slipped back on their road cleaning, today being particularly bad.  Also noticed a lot of lorries stacked up waiting to get on site and vehicles parked on grass verges.  The police are happy to deal with this (had conversation with them when they accompanied the recent protest march) but prefer to take the matter direct.  If anyone wishes to contact them about any of this their construction manager is David Groves tel: 07833 489649.  I'm awaiting a call back from him.

HilaryB

• Snr. Member
« Reply #10 Posted: 17 Jan 2012, 15:58:29 »
Thanks Graham - saves me from raising my blood pressure screaming at them, let me know how it goes, please!

Lummers

« Reply #11 Posted: 24 Jan 2012, 23:31:07 »
You would have thought that given the fact there is probably over an acre of land that has been levelled and seeded at the front of the site, that they might have created temporary parking spaces for contractors during the build period. We are now regularly getting up to a dozen vehicles parked by the bend along the front of the site. This effectively creates a blind bend and just adds to the dangers caused by the mud because you can't see if anything is coming the other way.

HilaryB

• Snr. Member
« Reply #12 Posted: 25 Jan 2012, 09:16:36 »
I spoke with the site manager yesterday regarding the 'trade' vans parked on the road and was asked to bear with them for a few more days; they are creating a dedicated car park for these vehicles.  We shall see if this comes to fruition................

Andy AWS

« Reply #13 Posted: 29 Jan 2012, 20:33:46 »
its the trucks and dumpers driving into and leaving the building site that are leaving the mud on the road

its in the highway code for hgv drivers to clean their tyres
however most of them are just far too lazy to do so before they leave a site