Author Topic: WHAT SPORTS FOR KCA?  (Read 1624 times)

SimFH

WHAT SPORTS FOR KCA?
« Posted: 20 Nov 2011, 21:45:22 »
WHAT NEXT FOR KINGS CLIFFE ACTIVE?  Tell us what SPORTS OR ACTIVITY you think we should look to set up next?  Table Tennis?  Archery?  Tag or Touch Rugby?  A Running / Jogging Club?  Chess Club?  Look forward to hearing from you.

kweeks

Re: WHAT SPORTS FOR KCA?
« Reply #1 Posted: 28 Nov 2011, 16:17:07 »
I have always thought that things like aerobiocs/step classes are missing from the village. I remember going to one that Mandy Glen did when I was a teenager down at the Mill (now a house!) and I remember it being very good. I know that Mandy does an over 60's session down in the village hall but having something like that for younger people in the pavillion building might be good and popular. I'm sure there would be enough room for a small class. Of course Zumba is the latest craze sweeping the nation. Not sure if there is enough room for that but it would be popular I should think. The nearest session for that is Wansford I believe. Tai Chi (hope I've spelt that right!) is another thing that might be popular (not up my street but I have had people ask if there's anything in the village like that). Things like karate/judo might interest the youngsters as we don't have anything like that going on in the village. Just a few thoughts.

Fireworks Graham

« Reply #2 Posted: 30 Nov 2011, 11:10:51 »
Having spent sometime at home recently I've had an opportunity to speak to a number of people who are living alone and I know anything that might create an opportunity for them to get together and meet others would be welcome.  Most of them are active but not overly energetic so how about carpet bowls for the winter months.  Not sure if there's enough room in the pavilion but if not something similar might meet a need.  For myself I'm a big badminton fan if that's possible.

SimFH

« Reply #3 Posted: 11 Apr 2014, 19:19:06 »
Please support our funding applications for 3 x Tennis Courts / 2 x Netball Courts at Kings Cliffe Active. 

1 application submitted to this fund http://www.east-northamptonshire.gov.uk/site/scripts/news_article.aspx?newsID=615 hoping we are as successful as Kings Cliffe Heritage

1 Expression of Interest submitted to Kings Cliffe Environmental Association, 1 application to be made to Sport England