Author Topic: Kings Cliffe in Wikipedia  (Read 2171 times)

Chris Berkeley

Kings Cliffe in Wikipedia
« Posted: 18 Nov 2011, 23:53:36 »
It's always been a bit of a mystery to me as to why the article on the village in Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kings_Cliffe,_Northamptonshire)  is so brief given that the village has a rich history and what appears to be a vibrant present.

Over the years I have done what I can to add to the article but being in the antipodes it's has been a bit hard to find material that can be referenced properly. Is there anyone who would like to see if we can work up the article to at least "good article" status?

I am happy to write and mark up the content if people can contribute info and images.

« Last Edit: 19 Nov 2011, 00:04:21 by Chris Berkeley »

Russell Brown

• Global Moderator
    • Russell's Home Page
Re: Kings Cliffe in Wikipedia
« Reply #1 Posted: 20 Nov 2011, 15:38:17 »
Brilliant idea.

I'd guess the obvious place from which to get information would be the Kings Cliffe Heritage Group. Sadly they've been remarkably quiet on this forum; perhaps this will give them something to get their teeth into :)

HilaryB

• Snr. Member
« Reply #2 Posted: 20 Nov 2011, 17:45:47 »
I'm sure Kings Cliffe Heritage are very busy people; I transcibed some old trade directories for them, which have a very long foreword on the history of Kings Cliffe; if you like to e-mail me, as Parish Clerk, I am sure they won't mind if I send you a copy kcpcclerk@aol.com

[Ed: Fixed a slight typo in Hilary's email address]
« Last Edit: 20 Nov 2011, 21:26:07 by Russell Brown »

Chris Berkeley

« Reply #3 Posted: 20 Nov 2011, 22:47:02 »
I'm sure Kings Cliffe Heritage are very busy people; I transcibed some old trade directories for them, which have a very long foreword on the history of Kings Cliffe; if you like to e-mail me, as Parish Clerk, I am sure they won't mind if I send you a copy kcpcclerk @

I'll email you at the address you provided. Thanks.
« Last Edit: 20 Nov 2011, 22:51:13 by Chris Berkeley »