Author Topic: Apethorpe Pub  (Read 1795 times)

n

Apethorpe Pub
« Posted: 23 Aug 2011, 18:17:27 »
Has anyone tried the newly re-opened Apethorpe Pub I was thinking of walking up there for something to eat, or would I be better having my microwave for one first.

:P

mygodeager

Re: Apethorpe Pub
« Reply #1 Posted: 24 Aug 2011, 18:25:57 »
well worth the walk

n

« Reply #2 Posted: 25 Aug 2011, 17:21:13 »
Thanks for the reply.  I will give it a go along with a visit to Apethorpe Hall. I was looking through the gates the other day it looks very impressive and was told they do guided tours on a Saturday so a good way to work up an appetite.

mygodeager

« Reply #3 Posted: 26 Aug 2011, 16:22:15 »
Think the visits are organized by English Heretage. I believe they also have tours in the week

Rob. M

• Parish Councillors
« Reply #4 Posted: 10 Sep 2011, 15:20:39 »
Apethorpe Hall is a gem and the exceptional conservation work is very rewarding to see. Good to know that less common traditional building skills still exist. Further away but in Northants., Canons Ashby Hall and Church make a fascinating day out. When first commuting to this area I regularly drove past the boarded up church, a former priory, opposite the then forlorn looking hall. The National Trust have since done a great restoration and conservation job. A pleasant drive on B roads noticeably better maintained than minor roads around Kings Cliffe. Why? Are NCC Highways under more pressure from interested or influential councils or residents, closer to Northampton? Details of visiting times are on the websites of English Heritage (Apethorpe Hall) and the National Trust (Canons Ashby).