Author Topic: Community and Sports centre  (Read 1799 times)

mgd

• Parish Councillors
Community and Sports centre
« Posted: 29 Oct 2011, 15:48:04 »
P C members were invited up to the community centre today to see how the development is progressing. I must say I was extremely impressed with the progress of the project and professionalism in the way the Kings Cliffe ‘Active Community Centre’ is being administered. I firmly believe that Kings Cliffe should be really proud of this project;  if it was not for the extremely hard work of many individuals who managed to get funding from many sources this could not have been achieved.

Russell Brown

• Global Moderator
    • Russell's Home Page
Re: Community and Sports centre
« Reply #1 Posted: 30 Oct 2011, 07:45:37 »
Aye - it was good of them to find the time and very interesting (although I've a feeling that if it got David Hellard out of painting yet more concrete blocks he was probably grateful for the excuse :) )

They've certainly managed to create a brilliant facility for the whole community (they were very keen to point out that it's not just for Sports but to provide facilities for everyone and there's already been meetings of 'Heritage' and the Gardening club held there).

I did notice on the plans the reserved space for three tennis courts and if someone was to take up the challenge of seeking funding to get them built I'm sure they would be a very popular addition - look at the courts in Apethorpe; they always seem to have someone using them.

Well done KCA.

Active Anne

« Reply #2 Posted: 14 Feb 2012, 12:41:48 »
Yes there is LOTS happening at KCA
RUSH HOCKEY
OLD BLOKES CLUB
TABLE TENNIS
and DON'T FORGET THE SKATEBOARD HALF PIPE

You probably all know that there is lots of football and now there is also Rush Hockey. This is played on a smaller pitch than field hockey has fewer rules and can be played form age 11 to 60-odd at least. Men and women. Sticks supplied. Any trainers suitable for the floodlight multi-use games area (MUGA). Evening sessions restart soon – contact Simon Fairhall at simon.fairhall@btinternet.com or text to 07767 390516 about hockey. Also contact Simon if you are interested in table tennis – especially if you have some time to help get a group started.

KCA is NOT only about sport.As well as the Heritage Society and the Garden Society, Mike Herring is planning to start soon an ‘Old Blokes Club’ (provisional name) based at the Club House.

“There are lots of events and coffee mornings for women, but very little for senior men like me,” says Mike. The plan is to meet on Wednesday mornings for coffee, reading the papers and to share knowledge on anything from how to use a mobile phones to making a tenon joint. Each week one bloke who wants to learn to cook will make lunch supervised by another bloke who knows what he is doing. Don’t tell them but I hope to recruit some of this group to help with maintenance at KCA and doing other odd jobs in the community!”

Contact Mike Herring about the Old Blokes Club and with any other questions about Kings Cliffe Active – 470 753.

Wizpop

« Reply #3 Posted: 27 Feb 2012, 22:19:45 »
Hi there,
Can you tell me whether there are any activities for 4 year olds available at KCA? We travel to Kettering for football every Saturday, but would love our boys to get involved locally!!

Active Anne

« Reply #4 Posted: 28 Feb 2012, 07:37:57 »
Suggest you call Mike Herring on 0843 289 6517 and he can link you up with the people running football coaching at KCA to see if they have a session for younger children. If not, you might like to help start one. There is also a young children's playground.

kweeks

« Reply #5 Posted: 28 Feb 2012, 12:18:14 »
Hi Wizpop,Underground Childrens and Youth Centre in the village and the Football Club are currently discussing setting up a project together at KCA for younger children. Good to know that there is already some interest in there being something. Keep an eye on here and the Gazette for more info in the future and please do pass on any thoughts regarding what you think might work well etc. Many thanks.

Active Anne

« Reply #6 Posted: 28 Feb 2012, 12:32:41 »
Zumba could be the next activity at KC Active. Two teachers are coming along soon to talk about classes in the club room. My daughter goes to a Mother and toddler Zumba class, so that is one possiblity. If you want to be notified of classes starting - email me at anne@chamberlainfarming.co.uk or text 07801628190  and look out for news here on the Forum or in the Gazette