Author Topic: Traditional double edge razor?  (Read 987 times)

Rob. M

• Parish Councillors
Traditional double edge razor?
« Posted: 12 Sep 2011, 12:53:45 »
Hi - Having recently adopted traditional wet shaving using inexpensive Chinese and Egyptian razors I would love to try an old Gillette razor as they seem to be highly rated.  Does anyone have an old Gillette razor lying around unused and looking for a new home?
« Last Edit: 12 Sep 2011, 12:54:53 by Rob. M »

Fireworks Graham

Re: Traditional double edge razor?
« Reply #1 Posted: 01 Oct 2011, 09:48:12 »
Hi Rob M,

Although I don't have an old razor I swapped to this method of shaving a couple of years ago following a real wet shave whilst on holiday and reading articles on the web.  As a result I purchased a cheap razor from Boots and started practicing.  A few cuts later and I was hooked - better longer lasting shaves and much cheaper - double edged blades are a fraction of the cost of Mach 3 or Fusion blades, and can be recycled too!  I was given a much more substantial (and expensive) razor for Christmas which was sourced from the internet where there are numerous sites to equip you.  I hope this helps and good luck.

Rob. M

• Parish Councillors
Re: Traditional double edge razor?
« Reply #2 Posted: 01 Oct 2011, 12:35:21 »
Hi Graham - Thanks for reply. I got hooked like you following internet blogs. Also having  been critiscised by a very green minded young German friend, for using wasteful disposable plastic razors. Traditional wet shaving leaves one feeling far better than electric and is much more economical than the multi blade razor con. If you fancy trying the famous Turkish ARKO shaving soap ask as I have a good supply. It's fun using wet shaving products from around the world and that Eygyptian razor is made by a company that originally had ties with Wilkinson Sword. I'll find a 'superior' razor someday but whether it will give a better shave is doubtful.  Rob.