Author Topic: Wildplaces December Workparty - NEW Railway Cutting  (Read 613 times)

wildplaces

• Wildviews
  • Snr. Member
    • Wildviews natural history photography
Wildplaces December Workparty - NEW Railway Cutting
« Posted: 28 Nov 2016, 11:45:36 »
We have secured permission to start working on the section of the railway cutting between Wood Lane and Willow Lane. This area hasn't had any management for 50 years or so, and is in a right old state with trees falling periodically. There is also quite a lot of litter down there!

The plan eventually is to make the path safe and install steps up to Wood Lane - but this is a lot of work, so it will take some time.

At our December workparty (December 11th, from 10am) we will be making a start in clearing dangerous trees and branches from the Willow Lane bridge end, and also clearing the rubbish out.

So, two main activities.
Firstly, for the clearance work, we will need chainsaws, bowsaws, loppers, pruining saws etc.
As well as felling, there will be plenty to do 'on the ground' in moving timber around.
We will need to keep this work area to 'adults only' for safety reasons.

Secondly, we will be clearing rubbish from the Wood Lane end, and this is for everybody. I have a number of litter pickers and bags, but some of the stuff will simply need carrying up to Wood Lane!!

Its pretty muddy in places, so sensible footwear please, and gloves for everyone as well.

If you can handle a chainsaw, and have a hard hat etc, this is a good opportunty to get some practice in :)

Everyone welcome, no experience required for most of the work.

Can't believe I missed off the date and time for this one!!
(Thanks Bob for spotting this...)

We're meeting on Sunday 11th December under Willow Lane bridge.
I'll be there from 10am to get a good start.
Do let me know when you can join us.

Please let me know if you can come along, so we can plan the activities.
wildplaces@transitionkingscliffe.org.uk
« Last Edit: 30 Nov 2016, 09:54:02 by wildplaces »