Author Topic: HGVs  (Read 333 times)

hkenyon

HGVs
« Posted: 08 Sep 2016, 10:03:50 »
Are there any plans to introduce further traffic calming measures to Kings Cliffe in particular for the numerous HGVs that constantly ignore the 'Unsuitable for HGVs' signs on several roads? Our house was hit by a lorry this morning which was really only a matter of time as so often they use the West St/Forest Approach junction to turn around/navigate turning the tight corner and it's very narrow. Is there anything I can do to try and stop this happening again in future other than move?? The signs are really not doing anything.

Rob. M

• Parish Councillors
Re: HGVs
« Reply #1 Posted: 14 Sep 2016, 10:16:01 »
Sorry to read house hit by HGV. Where is your house? Unfortunately the  'Unsuitable for HGVs' signs requested by the Parish Council are not the standard Highway signs we expected or currently in the best locations.

hkenyon

Re: HGVs
« Reply #2 Posted: 15 Sep 2016, 08:46:14 »
Thank you. We're no.14 - the house on the very corner of West Street. Was wondering whether making Forest approach one-way (i.e. accessible from West St but not Wood Road) would discourage hgvs? Or bollards or widening the footpath so there isn't such an obvious turning point as possible options to improving the situation? I wanted to raise it with the parish council just so they were aware - am very appreciative that we have one to discuss things like this with :)