Author Topic: Is this Zimbabwe?  (Read 481 times)

Waster

• Parish Councillors
Is this Zimbabwe?
« Posted: 25 Jul 2016, 08:43:52 »
Am I the only one who was unaware that the new Managing Director of the EMLC Trust which has recently taken over Prince William School is the same Mr Duncan Mills who, as Strategic Planning Director of Northamptonshire County Council, was responsible for driving the educational reorganisation that, among other things (such as closing our Middle School; moving us out of, and selling off, the Endowed School building; bringing lots of new houses to the old Middle School site) forced Prince William School into academy status?

I had, in my naivete, assumed they were identical twins.

Mr Mills worked hard to convince parents of the benefits of the changes. I could never understand why someone entrusted with the educational welfare of the county’s children was quite so keen to hand it over to a group of unelected, unaccountable people. Nor why someone ostensibly upholding the authority of Local Government over education was so keen to hand it over to Central Government control.

As Mr Mills did not, as far as I am aware, have any contact with EMLC while occupying his position with NCC, there can be absolutely no question over his integrity.

Nor does the title of this entry imply any questioning of the integrity of the Government of Zimbabwe, whose probity and transparency are, I am sure, beyond reproach.

nigel

Re: Is this Zimbabwe?
« Reply #1 Posted: 25 Jul 2016, 09:08:55 »
What can you say, Beggars belief >:(

HilaryB

• Snr. Member
Re: Is this Zimbabwe?
« Reply #2 Posted: 28 Jul 2016, 13:14:29 »
Whatever, PLEASE - unless you are familiar with the country, don't ever compare anything in this country to anything happening in Zim - you obviously have no idea; sorry, but the name caught my eye and that wonderful country is being decimated, both black and white friends of mine are starving and no-one here should be asked to even think about the UK and Zim in the same sentence - rant over  >:(