Author Topic: Speed -  (Read 399 times)

BarnHouse

Speed -
« Posted: 23 Feb 2016, 18:39:09 »
The Kings Cliffe to Wansford Road is not gritted. Do people read the signs? Not only the 'road not gritted' sign but also nature's signs - i.e. frosty verges, glistening puddles, white on the roads. The road is also susceptible to deer rushing out. I would like to point this out as several near accidents have occurred when people in their ignorance and hurry have passed my car travelling at a slower speed (because of the above conditions) in places one thought was unimaginable i.e. corners
Please Parish Council can you do something to sort this out, perhaps by asking the police to use speed traps or to just observe the traffic for a few mornings. This is something which should have been brought to the table months ago. And please no nasty snide remarks - lets be adult about this

nigel

Re: Speed -
« Reply #1 Posted: 24 Feb 2016, 12:20:40 »
You are right people ignore the road conditions but not sure what can be done.  Is that road under kings Cliffe PC, I dont think it is. 

Rob. M

• Parish Councillors
« Reply #2 Posted: 24 Feb 2016, 23:16:36 »
Agree, many drivers do not 'read the road', highway signs or nature's signs. Little that the Parish Council (KCPC) can do other than post reminders to drive slower (especially in slippery conditions) in the Gazette, on the Forum and Facebook. Arranging a police speed check might be possible. Family have twice collided with deer along the Wansford Road with car repairs costing about 2500. Another natural hazard at times is driving into the sun when returning to 'Cliffe. Unfortunately moving the sun is not among the few powers of the Parish Council :)

BarnHouse

« Reply #3 Posted: 25 Feb 2016, 21:30:58 »
I will send an email to the parish council asking them where our boundary ends but I think you are right and that the wooded area onwards is Wansford parish. I will also ask if it is possible to liaise with the police about this matter.

Rob. M

• Parish Councillors
« Reply #4 Posted: 25 Feb 2016, 22:37:55 »
Please see this link to the Kings Cliffe Parish Boundary Map copied from the KC Neighbourhood Plan pages of the Parish Council website:
http://www.kingscliffeparishcouncil.co.uk/static/Parish%20map.pdf
A new hazard to look out for will be the planned holiday/caravan park main entrance/exit positioned at the bumpy change of gradient, narrowest, twisty, overhung wooded section of road.