Author Topic: Kings Cliffe Community Tree Planting  (Read 477 times)

wildplaces

• Wildviews
  • Snr. Member
    • Wildviews natural history photography
Kings Cliffe Community Tree Planting
« Posted: 06 Nov 2015, 15:57:05 »
Wildplaces are hosting the planting of 400+ trees on the village field over the weekend of 14th November.

Everyone is very welcome to come and put down some roots in the field:)
Children will get a certificate for helping!

We will be there from 13.00 to 16.00 on Friday 13th November, and then 10.00 to 16.00 on Saturday 14th and Sunday 15th.
The field is up Willow Lane, just over the railway cutting.

Bring wellies and a spade if you can.
« Last Edit: 06 Nov 2015, 15:57:30 by wildplaces »

wildplaces

• Wildviews
  • Snr. Member
Re: Kings Cliffe Community Tree Planting - Saturday cancelled....
« Reply #1 Posted: 13 Nov 2015, 17:13:07 »
Tree Planting today - 182 trees planted, 193 to go in Phase 1, so pretty much halfway !!!
Thanks to many people, and to the school group as well!!

* * * * STOP PRESS * * * *

Re the weather, the forecast was pretty accurate today.
On that basis, and the fact that Saturday's forecast is heavy rain ALL DAY, we're calling it off tomorrow, but we'll be back on Sunday 10am.

Sunday looks okay after the early rain, and I think we should be able to get finished if we get another good turnout then :).

See you on Sunday !!

Cheers

wildplaces

• Wildviews
  • Snr. Member
Re: Kings Cliffe Community Tree Planting
« Reply #2 Posted: 15 Nov 2015, 18:52:45 »
Hi all

For those of you not on Facebook, we finished the tree planting in the village field this afternoon around 2pm, with 375 trees all safely in place with guards and stakes - a great job.

76 people came today to help with planting, making a total of 101 over the weekend - brilliant.

One or two people commented that they had helped to plant the Millennium Wood 15 years ago and now was a chance for the next generation in the village to make their mark. Our youngest helper was just 6 days old. Our oldest - well I wouldn't like to say
:)

Apologies to the extra families who came along after we had finished. We do have another delivery of 45 trees due over the next couple of weeks, and if you email me I'll let you know when we're going up to finish off.

We gave out a lot of certificates for children as well.
If anyone missed out (I don't think we missed anyone...) then let me know and I'll drop them off.

Kings Cliffe should be proud of you all - this will be a vital corridor for wildlife to move between the woods and the railway cutting, and will become a wonderful area for watching, learning and being closer to nature in years to come.

If anyone has photos from today, I'd really appreciate copies for my own records.
Unfortunately I was too busy to take any !!!

Cheers
Charles

wildplaces

• Wildviews
  • Snr. Member
Re: Kings Cliffe Community Tree Planting
« Reply #3 Posted: 22 Nov 2015, 16:08:49 »
Village Field - Tree Planting - Phase 2 !

We are expecting the last 45 trees to be delivered this Friday - 27th November - so we're planning the final planting session on Saturday morning, 28th November, from 11am to 1pm.

Anyone who missed out last time please drop me a note - either message me on here or use wildplaces@transitionkingscliffe.org.uk - and let me know how many of you want to come and plant.

Do pass this on to anyone you know who is not on Facebook as well.
I'd obviously like to make sure that everyone who wants to plant their legacy here can do so!!

Again, certificates available for children...

The forecast is dry, so please let me know by Wednesday so we can plan the morning and make sure that everyone gets their tree!

By the way I checked the field this morning after the winds of last week and they are all still standing :)

Thanks