Author Topic: Mobile Phone reception in Cliffe  (Read 642 times)

richard.trow-smith

Mobile Phone reception in Cliffe
« Posted: 06 Jul 2015, 17:39:50 »
Is everyone else having problems with mobile phone reception at the moment? I keep getting 'No Service' messages on my long-time provider, EE. When I search for other mobile service providers, I get Vodaphone and O2 but no sign of EE, Virgin or Three. I see from the current phone mast map that there is one mast between Fineshade and Wakeley and another near Stibbington; no sign of the old Kings Cliffe mast. Has it died a death or have I missed something?

Stop moaning

Re: Mobile Phone reception in Cliffe
« Reply #1 Posted: 06 Jul 2015, 18:01:24 »
My signal is very poor at the minute it seem to die as soon as you come along Park Street i think the mast is on the hill up willow lane. who do you speak to ?
last time my operator said it could be tree leaves what a load of crap. my phone goes in wifi calling but the wifi is a no go after six.

Wooding

« Reply #2 Posted: 06 Jul 2015, 19:39:31 »
After many unsuccessful attempts to get through to EE, I was lucky to get an engineer from EE today, who said "the mast is down at the moment, probably due to lightening the other night", he didn't know when the mast will go live again, it could either be in the next couple of days, or even worse in the next couple of weeks, depends how badly it's been damaged and when engineers can get it fixed. Fingers crossed it won't be too long.

dag

« Reply #3 Posted: 06 Jul 2015, 20:43:20 »
I spoke to EE on Saturday and today and they have been aware of the problems all along.  As of this morning they had not scheduled an on site visit as they were "attempting restart remotely" !

It may help if more people call and moan at them or email their head of customer service at
Francoise.Clemes@ee.co.uk

David

richard.trow-smith

« Reply #4 Posted: 07 Jul 2015, 06:48:27 »
Thank you, everyone, for restoring my sanity. Lightning strike is something I do understand! I was cussin' and swearin' and about to throw my mobile in the bin. The sooner, the engineers shin up the mast the better. I'll give them a day or two and then start pushing for action via the email address you have kindly provided, Dag.

Sparks

« Reply #5 Posted: 07 Jul 2015, 08:28:38 »
I spoke to EE yesterday, again after a couple of abortive attempts, and was told all the parts needed were available and someone would be on site today (Tuesday) and hopefully it would fixed same day, if not the following day.

As an aside, why do they make it so difficult to report and follow up on a mast down type of fault.  It is frustrating to be continually asked to key in my mobile number only to have the ask me for it when I eventually get through and then having to explain that the type of phone I am using IS NOT RELEVANT to this problem :brickwall: :brickwall:

Phew, rant over

dag

« Reply #6 Posted: 08 Jul 2015, 16:25:13 »
As we were getting different messages and no results I did email the head of customer services.  I got a phone call last night saying that they had been waiting for a part and would be on site today (Wed) to sort it out.  And lo, we have a signal.

One point in my email was the lack of information and the different messages to people who called.

david

richard.trow-smith

« Reply #7 Posted: 08 Jul 2015, 17:26:39 »
A welcome return to normality. As David reports, a strong EE and Three signal sprang into view on my mobile in West Street late this afternoon.

I agree with David that it should not be beyond the wit of man to put a 'status of network' section on to the EE website. I have always had one provided by my broadband provider, Eclipse, to which I have had occasional recourse. It shows me which service is down, which parts of the UK it affects, what they are doing about it and when they expect it back in service. They flag up routine servicing ahead and the likely impacts. Simple!! And one happy customer who is not clogging up its call centre phone lines. Mind you, with a possible EE liaison with BT on the cards, I am not hopeful.