Author Topic: KC June 19th Cycle event  (Read 561 times)

TeePee

KC June 19th Cycle event
« Posted: 06 Jun 2015, 13:08:09 »
Concerned about a possible clash on Friday June 19th,  I have e-mailed East Northants Council asking if they have done anything about 'Fasr Ladies on Wheels' (Westbound), versus 'Slow Men on Dustcart' (Eastbound), on West Street  between 10:00  and 11:30am
If they haven't, we could see a new meaning to the word "re-cycling".
If they have, perhaps collections on that day will be altered.
I will post their reply.

Russell Brown

• Global Moderator
    • Russell's Home Page
Re: KC June 19th Cycle event
« Reply #1 Posted: 08 Jun 2015, 08:34:19 »
It does all seem a little 'laid back' doesn't it?  NCC did mutter something about trying to keep the route clear but I've seen nothing official apart from a sign on a lamppost.

I don't even know if they're closing roads or running the race live with motorcycle outriders to stop traffic. T'will be fun when they come up behind a tractor!

TeePee

« Reply #2 Posted: 08 Jun 2015, 14:41:05 »
To: Customer Services
Cc: clerk@kingscliffeparishcouncil.co.uk;
Subject: Cycle Race Fri 19 Jun / Dustcart: King's Cliffe

Greetings;

a).  On Friday 19 June a lot of fast women are due to wheel through King’s Cliffe from East to West, between 10:00 and 11:30. At the same time

b).  a lot of slow men on a dustcart are due to grind through KC from West to East.

May I please be re-assured that a. will not  end up in b.?  They sure as Christmas won’t be able to pass each other on West Street and we do value our  collectors..  If b). is rescheduled, can we be advised, please ?.
Regards
Tony Peacey
05Jun’15-23:35A

Reply from NCC:
Dear Mr Peacey

Thank you for your email.

Please be reassured that we have been involved with the preparations for the Women’s Tour since the very beginning.

The vehicles will not be working on any streets at the same time as  the race passes through.

Regards

Mike Bailey
Waste Management Officer
East Northamptonshire Council
Telephone 01832 742046
www.east-northamptonshire.gov.uk

My reply to Mr Bailey:
Thank you for your reassurance.
A passing thought: .... and the bins / bags  and tubs ?

Reply from Mr Bailey:
Dear Mr Peacey

Yes, we have arrangements in place to ensure there are no obstructions as a result of waste collection operations.

Regards

Mike Bailey
Waste Management Officer
East Northamptonshire Council
Telephone 01832 742046
www.east-northamptonshire.gov.uk

[My reply]
Thank you Mr Bailey.

« Last Edit: 10 Jun 2015, 16:38:14 by TeePee »

nigel

« Reply #3 Posted: 11 Jun 2015, 12:20:34 »
Is anyone else fed up with all of the road closures for pushbikes their ego's are big enough already, and now who would have thought it they were right all along they do own the roads.  Ask the council for any slight improvement no funds available, unless its for pushbikes,  think I will be able to apply for refund of my roadtax for all the days the roads are closed.

Stop moaning

« Reply #4 Posted: 15 Jun 2015, 20:48:18 »
I bet Nigel hasnt been on a bike in his life. I hope you not bending down when the tour passes through as some one may park a bike in your ass crack thinking it a bike rack 

nigel

« Reply #5 Posted: 16 Jun 2015, 07:26:59 »
Well that's where you are wrong, I go out on my bike at least a couple of times a week rain or shine not in a pack, no need for Lycra or the roads closed and show courtesy to other road users.