Author Topic: Support for Tennis / Netball Courts  (Read 443 times)

SimFH

Support for Tennis / Netball Courts
« Posted: 31 May 2015, 12:43:38 »
I don't want to lose this in the Kings Cliffe Active section risking sight by just current sporties but am keen to reach out (a lovely Americanism) to potentially new participants.  To secure funds from Sport England for the construction of Tennis / Netball courts at Kings Cliffe Active (the space I am sure could also be used for other things over time too - stalls at a community festival; safe space for learning to ride a bike?) we need to strengthen the case for identified local need or want.  Hence posting here and on facebook to ascertain interest in playing either or both of these two sports - by adults or on behalf of your children.

I am speaking to the Endowed School pupils tomorrow morning; trying to think of some fun ways of engaging them.

Would very much welcome posts of support here.  Especially if these are specific - you would be interested in doing some coaching, or joining a Back to Netball group.

Hoping for a good response I do also forsee myself wandering around the village this next week collecting some more support, or wondering if I could get some people together for a short while this Thursday evening at KCA 6.30pm - 7.00pm to actually form a Tennis Club (re-form I know) as a real confirmation of interest.

Also looking into the possibility of buying some equipment to enable play on the MUGA until new courts are built.

Thanks in advance for any support you can provide.

Simon Fairhall
Vice Chair, Kings Cliffe Active

SimFH

Re: Support for Tennis / Netball Courts
« Reply #1 Posted: 11 Jun 2015, 22:04:06 »
Sport England funding application (re)submitted for 75,000 for Tennis / Netball courts.  Fingers crossed. 

About to start a Small Grant to get some Netball and Tennis equipment to start some activity this summer - watch out for details

SimFH

« Reply #2 Posted: 14 Jun 2015, 13:20:40 »
I have been asked offline, but here's the answer for everyone online:

We have been deferred in our application for c25,000 to Kings Cliffe Environmental Association (Augean landfill tax fund) until we know the outcome of our application to Sport England Inspired Facilities for 75,000. 

As noted our re-submission to Sport England has just been made, our first attempt was unsuccessful in part because of the massive competition for funds, but primarily because we had not demonstrated sufficiently well the demand for Tennis and Netball courts.  My budget and development plan needed improvement too.  Hopefully I have achieved all three now, with thanks to all those who confirmed their interest in the two sports and I am busy on the application for Tennis and Netball equipment this weekend.

CakeBaker

« Reply #3 Posted: 17 Jun 2015, 14:49:16 »
A belated response Simon but I'd be interested in dusting off my tennis racket.