Author Topic: Village Field.  (Read 1025 times)

Russell Brown

• Global Moderator
    • Russell's Home Page
Village Field.
« Posted: 17 Mar 2015, 19:09:47 »
While the Village Field has been a subject of ongoing discussion for years in the Parish Council meetings and thence widely reported, someone quite rightly mentioned that it would be a good idea to show the ground plan here now that it's finally happening.

For anyone that isn't aware, the Village Field was passed over to the Parish Council as part of the Section 106 agreement, negotiated by ENC, for Sovereign Grange. The brief is that the field should be an informal amenity area and the Parish Council sought and achieved funding to bring it into use for the village (as discussed elsewhere on the forum :) )

Thanks to Charles Tomalin for drawing this up (the numbers are the position of the soil samples taken).

TeePee

Re: Village Field.
« Reply #1 Posted: 17 Mar 2015, 23:46:32 »
That's really good news and I thank all who have contributed to the result on our behalf.
Would it be possible to add a smaller-scale plan locating the field in relation to KC Active, the lanes, and North ?

Russell Brown

• Global Moderator
    • Russell's Home Page
« Reply #2 Posted: 18 Mar 2015, 17:40:59 »
It's shown on the PC Website Asset map (it's the field directly to the west of KCA and bordered north/south by the Millenium Wood and the ex-Railway line).

Here's a snapshot:

« Last Edit: 18 Mar 2015, 17:43:51 by Russell Brown »

wildplaces

• Wildviews
  • Snr. Member
    • Wildviews natural history photography
« Reply #3 Posted: 22 Mar 2015, 18:08:44 »
Dodgy google map attached :)

May not be totally accurate but you get the idea...
« Last Edit: 22 Mar 2015, 18:10:49 by wildviews »

TeePee

« Reply #4 Posted: 22 Mar 2015, 23:40:02 »
[TeePee]:  Thank you.

Rob. M

• Parish Councillors
« Reply #5 Posted: 23 Mar 2015, 00:28:45 »
Re. Google map overlays: Rather jumping the gun to label the upper part of HOUSING (Oak Lane development) as NEW HOUSING. Many anticipate this area becoming an extension of the adjacent VILLAGE MEADOW.

wildplaces

• Wildviews
  • Snr. Member
« Reply #6 Posted: 23 Mar 2015, 09:15:17 »
Sorry Robert - I actually mocked this up before the latest discussion about that bit of land.
I really hope you're right, it would be a great addition and I'm sure the folks up Oak Road would appreciate it :)

Russell Brown

• Global Moderator
    • Russell's Home Page
« Reply #7 Posted: 23 Mar 2015, 09:27:43 »
While I really do hope the rumours of this land not being developed are true, I'm finding it very hard to believe that a developer like Persimmon would walk away from this plot; especially as the roads they've built at the top of Sovereign Grange lead straight in to it, contrary to the specific protests of the Parish Council during planning who requested that those 'road heads' be blocked with houses, so their original intention was obviously to build there.

So while I might be overly cynical about this, I've a feeling that Charles' diagram has a high probability of being correct :-\ but I would love to be proved wrong.

Rob. M

• Parish Councillors
« Reply #8 Posted: 23 Mar 2015, 10:03:17 »
So while I might be overly cynical about this, I've a feeling that Charles' diagram has a high probability of being correct :-\ but I would love to be proved wrong.

Not overly cynical, but lets not label it prematurely. Persimmon are probably striving right now to find a way to cram another 145 houses onto this field alone! I too would love to be proved wrong. Imagine a pleasant open green space linking the Nature Reserve, Village field and the Millenium Wood. It would balance the green play area bordering the entrance to Oak Lane. Really must stop smoking my pipe dream, don't know what's in it! :) 

Great to see work at the Village Field progressing well with the ponds dug too. This should be a real asset to 'Cliffe. Without a traditional 'village green' it has always lacked a large common green space for all to enjoy and a place for assorted activities.

Rob. M

• Parish Councillors
« Reply #9 Posted: 23 Mar 2015, 23:22:06 »
Today several Parish Councillors met with ENC Planning staff to learn more details about forming Neighbourhood Plans. During discussion we asked about the status of the open space at the top of the Oak Lane. Apparently despite its current ownership it cannot be built upon without re-designation by Planning and such changes are not automatically granted. Currently the field has Green Space status as shown on the ENC village building zones plan, with no mention of new housing.

TeePee

« Reply #10 Posted: 24 Mar 2015, 00:09:05 »
May I suggest that the good news in Rob M's post underlines Russell's post elsewhere concerning the need for /  opportunity for Parish Council election on May 7th (which coincides with another election I believe).

Not only do we need (and are grateful for) our PC, but specifically we need to progress from our Plan sub-committee stage to a formal Neighbourhood Plan. a.s.a.p.

If no formal Neighbourhood Plan exists and is filed, distant planners are free to recommend schemes which ride roughshod over locally-expressed opinions, however strongly supported or well-reasoned they may be.

Futhermore, Councillors further up the food chain are less able to support the views of those they represent: to withstand planning recommendations with which they don't agree: if there is no Neighbourhood Plan.
« Last Edit: 24 Mar 2015, 07:48:17 by Russell Brown »

Rob. M

• Parish Councillors
« Reply #11 Posted: 24 Mar 2015, 16:53:41 »
specifically we need to progress from our Plan sub-committee stage to a formal Neighbourhood Plan. a.s.a.p.

Good point
and echoes what we learnt at our meeting with ENC Planning. First we must decide if a Neighbourhood Plan (NP) is best for 'Cliffe? From our meeting Kings Cliffe would appear to benefit overall not least for the reasons that Tee Pee gives. The Parish Council needs to adopt/sponsor a Neighbourhood Plan. Although a vehicle for development NP's allow this to be controlled by the whole community. Unlike the Village Plan an established Neighbourhood Plan has 'teeth', it is legally binding and must be followed by Planners further up the chain. Neighbourhood Plan groups should not only comprise Parish Councillors, importantly non-Councillor residents should be included; ideally a group of about six people is recommended. Following our Thrapston meeting we are putting a brief Neighbourhood Plan presentation together for the Parish Council AGM next month. Do attend and air your views, all are welcome. The Parish Council AGM is where the public can speak and ask questions without prior notice! The date of the AGM is being revised so look out for further announcements.

wildplaces

• Wildviews
  • Snr. Member
« Reply #12 Posted: 24 Mar 2015, 18:17:51 »
I'm certainly keen to have some input into the NP Rob, to cover off protecting our Wild Places around the village. ENDC have suggested that is the vehicle to keep them away from the developers, as you suggest.

Rob. M

• Parish Councillors
« Reply #13 Posted: 26 Mar 2015, 13:31:41 »
Important correction: Please note that it's the Annual Parish Meeting to be held on 9th April where the public can have their say on village matters, without giving prior notice, and not the later Parish Council AGM that follows the elections. Thanks Mike Day for pointing this out!
« Last Edit: 26 Mar 2015, 19:54:15 by Rob. M »

Russell Brown

• Global Moderator
    • Russell's Home Page
« Reply #14 Posted: 31 Mar 2015, 15:26:00 »
Just to get this topic back on track :) The work on the Village Field is progressing nicely with the land drains being put in as I type.

The pond at the northwest corner has filled nicely.