Author Topic: Getting Started  (Read 1331 times)

mgd

• Parish Councillors
Getting Started
« Posted: 31 Aug 2011, 22:31:50 »
Come on Parish councillors . You all voted for this site its up to us to get it working.Let have you views  on all village activities.
For starters.  Any comments on the development on Wood road?????

Russell Brown

• Global Moderator
    • Russell's Home Page
Re: Getting Started
« Reply #1 Posted: 03 Sep 2011, 07:46:19 »
My personal opinion is that the number, layout and mix of housing isn't a great step forward for the village and it will put pressure on the local resources and infrastructure.

However, as far as I understand it (I only joined the Parish Council this year), the whole thing was decided many years ago; long before everyone got wound up about it.

Perhaps if something like this forum had existed when the planning for KC1 was going through, villagers would have had a place to discuss the issues, voice their opinions and make a difference.

mgd

• Parish Councillors
« Reply #2 Posted: 03 Sep 2011, 13:16:17 »
Yes,  the whole project started in the early 90's and at the time there were many meetings and exhibitions in the village. The majority of people were in favour of more housing.
When plans were finally presented, because of the size of the site the government were involved and they wanted far more housing than originally planned. We have manged after a great deal of work to have this reduced to 150. This outline planning was passed, I believe, in 2006. At that time there were several meetings to which villagers were invited. Not many attended! It was only when the full planning was presented that some villagers started to query the development - shutting the stable door comes to mind!
Yes it may have made a difference if 'Village Forum' was in place at the time but looking at the number of recent registrations apathy rules!

Russell Brown

• Global Moderator
    • Russell's Home Page
« Reply #3 Posted: 04 Sep 2011, 12:17:58 »
Yes it may have made a difference if 'Village Forum' was in place at the time but looking at the number of recent registrations apathy rules!

Well.... possibly.... but word hasn't spread in the village as one might have hoped. Doing a straw poll of a few folk at the 'Garage Sales' on Saturday; hardly anyone had even noticed the item in the Gazette and a goodly proportion hadn't even read it (yet).

Methinks some more effort will be required to publicise the forum's existence.

mgd

• Parish Councillors
« Reply #4 Posted: 04 Sep 2011, 15:11:45 »
How about Facebook and twitter!!!!