Author Topic: Willow Trees  (Read 434 times)

Nieve

Willow Trees
« Posted: 09 Mar 2015, 18:30:02 »
This morning, I saw a lady with a clipboard and camera in the grounds of the Middle School taking photos of the Willow trees and other trees nearby at the bottom of Willow Lane. Hopefully, her interest was just photography! It would be such a shame if these lovely Willow trees were to be cut down when the land is developed.

flossie

Re: Willow Trees
« Reply #1 Posted: 09 Mar 2015, 19:05:36 »
With a new school, if it goes ahead, and or all housing being built, those tree's days are numbered I would think.

Russell Brown

• Global Moderator
    • Russell's Home Page
Re: Willow Trees
« Reply #2 Posted: 11 Mar 2015, 05:32:44 »
As I understand it, Northamptonshire County Council will have to apply for normal planning permission for the western (Willow Lane) side of the 'old' Middle School site (unlike the eastern side that's being used for the new school where they effectively grant themselves permission).

This means that when the planning application to build houses on the site comes forward, everyone will have the opportunity to comment/object.

Of course, anyone can apply to East Northamptonshire Council for a Tree Protection Order for individual trees or groups of trees in an area on the grounds of "significant amenity benefit to the local area" - you do not have to own the tree(s) concerned.

Here's a Government leaflet on the subject: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/244528/2127793.pdf.

ENC's Conservation Officer is the person to contact on 01832 742148 (I assume that Tamsin Dennis is still in this role and if so you'll find her very approachable and helpful).
« Last Edit: 11 Mar 2015, 05:34:46 by Russell Brown »