Author Topic: King’s Cliffe Web Directory goes live  (Read 697 times)

Rob. M

• Parish Councillors
King’s Cliffe Web Directory goes live
« Posted: 19 Jan 2015, 23:58:57 »
King’s Cliffe Web Directory goes live

The Village Plan Action Group have launched a King’s Cliffe Web Directory.
Its aim is to provide one easy-to-use place for web links to the many village clubs, interest groups and societies. We have tried hard to include every village organisation, certainly all that we knew of or found. If your particular group has been omitted and wishes to be included, please email details to, ‘management’ in the Directory intro. We hope to publish a printed Village Directory later but felt the sooner an online version was up and running the better. Suggestions for further improvements are welcome. To visit King’s Cliffe Village Directory: simply use http://kingscliffe.net or prefix with www if you want to be formal but there's really no need. We hope that you find the Directory interesting and useful.

HilaryB

• Snr. Member
Re: King’s Cliffe Web Directory goes live
« Reply #1 Posted: 22 Jan 2015, 10:11:07 »
Wonder whether it might be an idea to add the Oundle Surgery to the Doctors list; not sure how many people apart from us use them;  I know there are quite a few,  but it is an excellent surgery and gives new residents a choice.

Rob. M

• Parish Councillors
« Reply #2 Posted: 22 Jan 2015, 11:56:58 »
Thanks for suggesting the addition of Oundle Surgery - good idea. Alternative provisions are always useful.

splash

« Reply #3 Posted: 23 Jan 2015, 09:52:17 »
So now we have another village directory in the making, alongside my own at kingscliffe.org.uk and maybe others I'm not aware of. Is there a firm plan of action behind the launch of this site, in that it is intended to eventually become "the" village website?

What we do seem to be lacking at the moment is a cohesive plan aimed at giving this village a well needed web presence that encompasses all things KC, and by that I include essentially local business, community info, clubs and interest groups, the forum, events, local history and probably also parish council matters. It would be nice to think that pages could be dedicated to each business or club, an events page that gets updated regulalrly, a few regular contributors (as per the Gazette), and more, but clearly this will quickly become a burden to all but the truly dedicated volunteer.

I understood that the Village Plan Action Group was looking into finding some budget to get such a venture off the ground - can anyone enlighten me?

dag

« Reply #4 Posted: 23 Jan 2015, 21:34:26 »
I'm fairly sure that Oundle surgery will not take new patients from KC as they have a catchment area - see http://www.oundlesurgery.nhs.uk/new-patients/

I moved from Oundle to Deenethorpe some years ago and they would not let me stay on their list.

But, if enough people from KC ask then maybe the Oundle practice would look at opening up here if/when Wansford do a runner.

David