Author Topic: New King's Cliffe Directory and Website  (Read 522 times)

Rob. M

• Parish Councillors
New King's Cliffe Directory and Website
« Posted: 15 Jan 2015, 14:18:49 »
The Village Planning Group are compiling a Village Directory listing local organisations, clubs and societies and covering all interests. For your group to be included please leave a short entry including full contact details on the Village Plan pages of this Forum. After completion printed and online versions of the Village Directory will be published and available to all.

The Village Plan Group are also exploring an easy to use, 'one stop shop' village website aimed at pulling various existing village sites together. Some feel this is best accomplished by giving the existing Forum a make-over, others prefer using social media. If you have a preference and/or helpful suggestions please tell us what you feel is best and why. Thanks!   15/1/15

Russell Brown

• Global Moderator
    • Russell's Home Page
Re: New King's Cliffe Directory and Website
« Reply #1 Posted: 15 Jan 2015, 17:22:42 »
I might be biased (oh allright.. I am biased :) ) but I honestly believe the chances of the various organisations who've  already invested heavily in their own websites moving to some new village-wide 'one stop shop' are less than zero.

I did state this at the last PC meeting and shortly thereafter put together a 'directory' website listing all of the other village websites and facebook groups that I know about (just about all of which appear on the Parish Council website but I agree that's not always the most obvious place to look).

I then kind of forgot about it but your post here reminded me :)

It's work-in-progress but if anyone's interested have a gander at http://www.kingscliffe.net

Suggestions and comments appreciated.

SimFH

« Reply #2 Posted: 15 Jan 2015, 18:17:04 »
I think that's absolutely spot on, and the next thing is to get everyone to know that web address, publicise it widely round the village.  Rather than having to remember, is a website (Heritage, KCPC etc) .co.uk / .org etc

Plus also if you don't know there's a particular group or activity there's one place where everyone can look (that's not google)

Rob. M

• Parish Councillors
« Reply #3 Posted: 15 Jan 2015, 22:52:19 »
Russell,
Many thanks for your prompt 'work in hand' for a King's Cliffe Directory website! What you have set out seems to reflect what the Village Plan group discussed last night; one place with immediate clear links to all KC community websites. Minor suggestion: The 'signpost' header image is great but could it be bolder to 'jump out'  emphatically declaring the purpose of the directory? Maybe when Gigaclear goes live the signpost could be 3D :) Hope that village orgs. not yet listed submit a description and contact details as requested so that nobody feels left out. Some Village Plan group members thought a social media solution would encourage more users especially younger ones, but what you are progressing seems fine to me. Simple, direct and more user friendly compared to what exists.
« Last Edit: 15 Jan 2015, 22:53:15 by Rob. M »

Russell Brown

• Global Moderator
    • Russell's Home Page
« Reply #4 Posted: 16 Jan 2015, 09:07:31 »
Oh please please please come up with a better header graphic (940 x 198 pixels for the current theme).

I 'invested' several seconds coming up with that so I won't shed any tears if it's replaced :)