Author Topic: Rockingham Forest Park holiday accommodation development Kings Cliffe Road  (Read 1103 times)

sandieb

I wish to raise awareness of this planning application that proposes to change the use of Jack's Green in remote countryside between the Kings Cliffe Road and Apethorpe/Nassington Road to 55 large caravans + 9 teppees/yurts and Cimarron tents which will attract large numbers of people.  I estimate over 250+ people could be based at this small site in peak holiday time and many weekends.  The access route will cut through past my fathers bungalow next to the old KSR site skirting his boundary only 25m away to head across 2 miles of open countryside and woods where no cars can currently go.  He will be the only resident affected and particularly very badly.  The closing date for consultation is on 12 January.

I only found out about this on 24 December when I saw the letter the council had sent my father.  I have been hampered by closure of the council and the Xmas holidays in trying to get more information and support from local groups.

I am looking for lots of objections to the environmentally damaging project that will ruin the countryside and the deer's habitat as they graze at Jack's Green.  As a protected species their environment has not been assessed.

The link to the planning application is here:

http://pawebsrv.east-northamptonshire.gov.uk/online-applications/simpleSearchResults.do;jsessionid=EDFDCD18B2C3D88F0DD1187B47DC640E?action=firstPage

Please object.
« Last Edit: 01 Jan 2015, 10:41:28 by sandieb »

wildplaces

• Wildviews
  • Snr. Member
    • Wildviews natural history photography
Your link is specific to your last session.
The application reference is 14/02225/FUL.
The link is -
http://otportalsrv.east-northamptonshire.gov.uk/pap/index.asp?caseref=14/02225/FUL

Or go here and put in 14/02225/FUL as the search term!
http://pawebsrv.east-northamptonshire.gov.uk/online-applications/search.do?action=simple&searchType=Application
« Last Edit: 01 Jan 2015, 17:15:12 by wildviews »

mikehenchy

I just posted this info in the Parish Council section of the notice board.

sandieb

They are meeting Thursday evening.

Russell Brown

• Global Moderator
    • Russell's Home Page
If anyone wishes to address the Parish Council on this (or any other matter) there is a slot reserved at the start of each meeting just for this purpose.

You have to notify the Clerk (kcpcclerk@aol.com) of your intention at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting.

Please Note, January's meeting will be held at the KC Active room as the Village Hall Parlour is undergoing works.

George Smid

• Parish Councillors
To allow Jack’s Green development to go ahead now would be illogical and wrong: Jack’s Green is a wilder version of Fine Shade with the wildlife and nature still undisturbed. The traffic congestion will be bigger, it is a new development as opposed to enlargement of an existing one. In addition to dormice (protected species on both sites) there are two extremely rare butterflies at Jack’s Green (purple emperor and black hairstreak) and the protected violet click beetle (only 1 of 3 sites in the whole of the UK). Also, Jack’s Green is close to the area of outstanding natural beauty (SSSI Belford Purlieus Ancient Woodlands). The proposed activities include cycling, charcoal making, wood harvesting with permanent cycleways through the area, just like Fineshade woods. The nature will suffer. The area cannot support 350 visitors.

There are number of objections on ENC website but the consultation period run over Christmas and was very short. Looking at the history of the site this is First Phase with future applications to follow: on site shop, theatre, children's play ground, conversion of clay pits into fishing / watersport facilities, tennis courts and so on until a full scale recreation park is built.

Please sign the petition to object to this proposal: http://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/stop-jack-s-green-caravan-park-development-1

George Smid

• Parish Councillors
 There is now an opportunity to comment on the update of the Minerals and Waste Local Plan via ENC website: http://www.northamptonshire.gov.uk/en/councilservices/environ/planning/policy/minerals/pages/minerals-and-waste-local-plan-update.aspx. All information relating to the Local Plan update will be placed on this page.

The stated aim of the website is "to concentrate on reviewing the sites/allocations in the Local Plan".

The first key stage in this process will be a consultation on Issues and Options relating to this update. It is planned to commence in late spring 2015. Presumably KC Parish Council will be driving the consultation.

clive ibotson

Who says people from cities should not have a break in the countryside-people who live in the countryside.Jacks green is not a site of pristine countryside,for nealy one hundred years it was a site for the mining of iron ore and then clay.When I go on holiday I like to rent a nice cottage in cornwall or Norfolk as I'm sure many do thus making a delightful cottage unavailable to local people to live in,it stands empty for half a year.I feel bad about it but my enjoyment must come first.Don't be so selfish let people come and enjoy the countryside it will not make the slightest difference to me or anyone else in the area

sandieb

for nealy one hundred years it was a site for the mining of iron ore and then clay.Don't be so selfish let people come and enjoy the countryside it will not make the slightest difference to me or anyone else in the area
Yes a heavily industrialised site for many years - documents online show arsenic and high aluminium in the soil, mercury leaching from the closed landfill site next door and three dangerously deep quarries  on site that may become lakes or landfill for sewage sludge - could be either or both it seems.  It is also a high radon potential site.  What a great place to on holiday!