Author Topic: Rockingham Forest Park holiday accommodation dev Kings Cliffe Rd- please object  (Read 1283 times)

sandieb

I wish to raise awareness of this planning application that proposes to change the use of Jack's Green in remote countryside between the Kings Cliffe Road and Apethorpe/Nassington Road to 55 large caravans + 9 teppees/yurts and Cimarron tents which will attract large numbers of people.  I estimate over 250+ people could be based at this small site in peak holiday time and many weekends.  The access route will cut through past my fathers bungalow next to the old KSR site skirting his boundary only 25m away to head across 2 miles of open countryside and woods where no cars can currently go.  He will be the only resident affected and particularly very badly.  The closing date for consultation is on 12 January.

I only found out about this on 24 December when I saw the letter the council had sent my father.  I have been hampered by closure of the council and the Xmas holidays in trying to get more information and support from local groups.

I am looking for lots of objections to the environmentally damaging project that will ruin the countryside and the deer's habitat as they graze at Jack's Green.  As a protected species their environment has not been assessed.

The link to the planning application is here:

http://pawebsrv.east-northamptonshire.gov.uk/online-applications/simpleSearchResults.do;jsessionid=EDFDCD18B2C3D88F0DD1187B47DC640E?action=firstPage

Please contact me if you can help (sandrajbeale@gmail.com)

Please object.
« Last Edit: 01 Jan 2015, 10:37:33 by sandieb »

wildplaces

• Wildviews
  • Snr. Member
    • Wildviews natural history photography
Your link is specific to your last session.
The application reference is 14/02225/FUL.
The link is -
http://otportalsrv.east-northamptonshire.gov.uk/pap/index.asp?caseref=14/02225/FUL

Or go here and put in 14/02225/FUL as the search term!
http://pawebsrv.east-northamptonshire.gov.uk/online-applications/search.do?action=simple&searchType=Application
« Last Edit: 01 Jan 2015, 17:14:03 by wildviews »

Stop moaning

Whilst is is sad to see a lovely area developed it would also be a shame to see the massive clay pit filled with rubbish or some crappy toxic waste.
I would suggest that if we have a caravan park then we are less lightly to get more landfill next to the site  if the land owner is the same person?
it seems that in cliff we like to object to everything.

HilaryB

• Snr. Member
Agree with you - 'stop moaning!' ;p)

splash

Moan AS LOUD AS YOU CAN!! - some things are worth protecting.

Stop moaning

I will laugh my ass off when those quarries get filled with rubbish one in particular is a lais clay formation perfect for toxic waste the others are limestone perfect for household waste think id rather have some caravans but why should I care I am  miles away

George Smid

• Parish Councillors
Where is this position 'either-or' coming from? (Stop moaning contribution) Either I will spoil Jack's Green or I will spoil the ground with waste. Surely it MUST be possible not to dump 'crappy waste' and not to build caravan park? If we do accept either-or position for every development possibility there will be nothing left but land concreted over. Just imagine our forebears would have take the same 'either-or' position when passing Clear Air Act for example.

To update on the latest development: Today (11 March) the Application was to be discussed. Yesterday I spoke to George Russell at East Northants Council to find out when Jack's Green was on the Agenda. Mr. Russell informed me the decision was unlikely to be made before June!

So the immediate pressure is off, but please do not let the issue drop!

240 signed and the Council still refuses to carry out Environmental Assessment! Please do ask your friends to sign: https://you.38degrees.org.uk/p/stopjacksgreen. There are still quite a lot of people who are unaware of the development as we found out when phoning around.

Keep Fine Shade fine. Keep Jack’s Green green. Keep at it.

Judy

My late parents lived in Cliffe for 26 years.After he retired, my father walked almost all of the footpaths and bridle ways in C life and the surrounding area. He negotiated with farmers and landowners to get blocked paths reopened so that the people of Cliffe and the surrounding area could enjoy the beauty of the area. Two of my parents favourite places were Jack's Green and Fineshade. I have been to both many times and have always enjoyed the wildlife they support. I feel that there must be other areas around Cliffe for a caravan park, with much easier access than Jack's Green. This would leave one of the best areas for future generations to enjoy. My parents were David and Joan Berry and they lived at 12West Street. In memory of them I hope that this development does not go forward. Judy

George Smid

• Parish Councillors
Dear Judy,
you are right, there are other caravan areas around Cliffe: Sacrewell farm, Fineshade, Nassington, Yarwell, Ferry Meadows, Stamford, Bulwick - all of them existing. Hardly a case for another one! I am enclosing a map from Caravan Website showing Caravan Sites in the vicinity.
« Last Edit: 18 Mar 2015, 11:03:22 by George Smid »

wildplaces

• Wildviews
  • Snr. Member
    • Wildviews natural history photography
That's really interesting George. I hadn't realised there were so many round here...

sandieb

I feel that there must be other areas around Cliffe for a caravan park, with much easier access than Jack's Green.
Judy I would agree with you.  Unfortunately the applicant has already built the road passing 20m within my father's back garden.  The council knew about this years ago and took no action - that is shameful.  For over 40 years my elderly parents have enjoyed the peace and quiet of the countryside which will now be shattered by this road that will carry hundreds of cars to the remote caravan development at all hours of the day and night.  It seems that nothing can stop this happening.  Perhaps you could object on East Northants council website 14/02225/FUL. Objections can still be submitted ongoing until the decision is made. 

Caravans or landfill my parents wish for neither but have no voice in the face of either development.

mgd

• Parish Councillors
I agree with George that there are many Caravan sites in the area, but most of them are small sites where you pull up with your car and Caravan and stay a couple of days then move on. The site at Jacks Green would surely be different in as much that the site, if approved, would house Static caravans, so traffic movements would not be as great as the other sites.

sandieb

They plan to promote short stay holidays where the holidaymakers will have to get there in their cars as it is so remote then leave again to get food and drink and find entertainment. There is nothing on site at all just lots of holidaymakers seeking the peace and quiet that has been sold to them but there will not be much of that up there due to high density plan of packing them in. It is not sustainable and contravenes the local plan.