Author Topic: folk music  (Read 935 times)

Peter Lloyd Bennett

folk music
« Posted: 30 Nov 2014, 19:50:51 »
Do you have a musical instrument you can play to a basic level?
Do you like folk music?
Do you want to join others in this multi-talented village of ours and play a few tunes?
Then come and join us!!

wildplaces

• Wildviews
  • Snr. Member
    • Wildviews natural history photography
Re: folk music
« Reply #1 Posted: 01 Dec 2014, 09:38:57 »
Hi Peter

What did you have in mind?
Are you looking to put together a small 'band', or are you looking for individuals?
Are you after a vocalist?

Charles

Peter Lloyd Bennett

« Reply #2 Posted: 02 Dec 2014, 10:47:55 »
Hi Charles
the main idea is to have a bit fun, there is a session round at mine tonight at 8.00 pm and you are welcome to come. cheers Peter

Fireworks Graham

« Reply #3 Posted: 18 Dec 2014, 08:48:42 »
Hi Peter, hope you're folk group started well.  If you need a larger venue at any time, let me know as we can look to make facilities available at the club - maybe even look at arranging a regular folk evening for you and others in the area.  No charge just enjoy a pint or two whilst you play.

Peter Lloyd Bennett

« Reply #4 Posted: 23 Dec 2014, 13:32:22 »
Hi Graham
That sounds like a very good idea, can you let me know how we could take this a bit further. cheers Peter

Fireworks Graham

« Reply #5 Posted: 09 Jan 2015, 17:11:02 »
Hi Peter, we have a meeting on Wednesday 14th January and I will get approval for you to come and use the Club.  We have a number of groups using various rooms along with darts and pool teams so I'll find out which nights are the best for you to use either the TV or main room.  I'd suggest we then work with you to advertise a "open house folk evening" and see who comes along.  From this it can grow how you'd like.  Think it would be great for the village  and our members as we have a good number of people who would really enjoy something different.  Graham