Author Topic: Augean  (Read 844 times)

SimFH

mygodeager

Re: Augean
« Reply #1 Posted: 04 Sep 2014, 22:08:17 »
Very sensible I would suggest. . Pity the ET got a Photo of Kings Cliffe . 

n

« Reply #2 Posted: 05 Sep 2014, 10:52:20 »
Looking at the state of the poor horse in the photograph should be a good enough argument against Augean.

wildplaces

• Wildviews
  • Snr. Member
    • Wildviews natural history photography
« Reply #3 Posted: 05 Sep 2014, 22:09:55 »
The only reason I can see for Augean doing this is to enable them to take waste which is even more toxic. Be warned and be aware....

Charles

Rob. M

• Parish Councillors
« Reply #4 Posted: 05 Sep 2014, 23:03:29 »
Unless mistaken this refers to Augean's Thornhaugh sites. Liners being introduced there suggest that Augean wish to deposit waste of a more hazardous kind. I thought that liners were mandatory for landfill sites above limestone aquifers, common around here. Was told of a former quarry above our common aquifer and used for landfill before liners were demanded. This resulted in the water table North of Peterborough being polluted and dire effects upon drinking water supplies. Some time ago but it is a reminder of what can go wrong. Hence the introduction of liners that hopefully will outlast the hazardous elements within the waste material.

BoB

« Reply #5 Posted: 13 Sep 2014, 19:59:56 »
It's not unusual for something which was declared safe and adequate to be proved ineffective some years later is it! Makes you very sceptical about any safety claims.