Author Topic: Private Eye - Fineshade Holiday Lodges  (Read 523 times)

Rob. M

• Parish Councillors
Private Eye - Fineshade Holiday Lodges
« Posted: 01 Sep 2014, 14:22:20 »
'Private Eye' magazine has drawn attention to Forest Holidays holiday lodge developments and Fineshade in particular. It also mentions that they are seeking to add a further 44 lodges to their exisiting 70 lodges in The Forest of Dean. If this eventually happened at Fineshade we would have very little forest at all!  :(

http://private-eye.co.uk/sections.php?section_link=in_the_back&issue=1281
« Last Edit: 01 Sep 2014, 14:36:37 by Rob. M »

wildplaces

• Wildviews
  • Snr. Member
    • Wildviews natural history photography
Re: Private Eye - Fineshade Holiday Lodges
« Reply #1 Posted: 01 Sep 2014, 15:29:33 »
Hi Rob
I see that some additional documentation was submitted on 18th August.
Do you know if there is stiill a way to raise additional comments in response?
(can't find a way to do it on the planning site....)

Cheers
« Last Edit: 01 Sep 2014, 15:42:55 by wildviews »

Rob. M

• Parish Councillors
Re: Private Eye - Fineshade Holiday Lodges
« Reply #2 Posted: 02 Sep 2014, 23:55:23 »
Hi Charles, Correct re. additional/amended planning application documents. I have not viewed them in detail yet. ENC Planning are inviting comments on the this application including the latest amendments, until 17th September. Despite previous advice, seems like no significant extension to the consultation period, despite the scale of the project. ENC stress that they do not want repetition of previous comments. The amendments list includes 'road access' but ENC advice rather suggests this may simply be Forest Holidays response to third party concerns, must look in detail. Usually comments can be submitted via the ENC Planning online form, by email or letter. Did I mention that ENC Planning did not call for a full Environmental Impact Assessment for this planning application? You may have heard this refuted but upon checking I was categorically assured that no comprehensive EIA was requested for this Application.