Author Topic: Field above the new houses - cricket pitch?  (Read 1489 times)

Madcatlady

Field above the new houses - cricket pitch?
« Posted: 22 Jul 2013, 09:44:01 »
Hi all.
Does anyone know what's happening with the field above the new houses when the build has finished? I'd ask Persimmon but straight forward answers don't seem to be part of their repertoire.
Ttfn
MCL

Mike

Re: Field above the new houses - cricket pitch?
« Reply #1 Posted: 22 Jul 2013, 19:03:14 »
I thought that the cricket pitch was suggested for the field beyond the old railway line? There isn't room for a cricket pitch on the field dirrectly above the new houses. I have also been unable to get an answer from Persimmon as to what the plan for that field is.

Mike

n

« Reply #2 Posted: 23 Jul 2013, 12:52:35 »
If persimmon owns that piece of land they will build more houses on it.

HilaryB

• Snr. Member
« Reply #3 Posted: 23 Jul 2013, 17:43:04 »
The field immediately behind the houses is Persimmons; the field on the other side of the railway line, next to the Millennium Wood, is the Village Field recently acquired by the Parish Council; when money and/or grants permit -  this will be used for local activities, possibly including a cricket pitch.

Russell Brown

• Global Moderator
    • Russell's Home Page
« Reply #4 Posted: 24 Jul 2013, 15:03:12 »
For anyone who's not sure what this is all about, the 'Village Field' is shown on the PC asset map.

Either goto the PC website (http://pc.kingscliffe.net) and use the 'Assets' entry in the 'Finances' menu or just click on this link http://goo.gl/maps/5XyeO

Fireworks Graham

« Reply #5 Posted: 26 Jul 2013, 21:50:42 »
If the field between the Sovereign Grange houses and old railway line belongs to Persimmon is there a possibility they will build on it?  I thought a long time ago that there was supposed to be a barrier between developments and the railway line for "nauture" purposes and if that is the case why are Persimmon not handing this over to the parish council.  Can anyone enlighten me.

Russell Brown

• Global Moderator
    • Russell's Home Page
« Reply #6 Posted: 29 Jul 2013, 09:57:01 »
This, clarification of the status of this bit of land, is something the PC have been trying to get from ENC.

Sadly, the current situation appears to be that there is no special designation for this bit of land from ENC's perspective; despite it appearing on various plans labeled as a 'Wildlife Area'.

At the time of the planning application, the PC did request that the roads within the development did not run up to the edge of this bit of land, thereby discouraging it's development. This request was ignored.

So it seems that this bit of land could be put forward for future development at any time.

Madcatlady

« Reply #7 Posted: 30 Jul 2013, 20:28:38 »
Thank you for the link Russell. The field I was worried about is the village field phew! I apologise for the dodgy geographical description I provided on my initial post :-)

Madcatlady

« Reply #8 Posted: 05 Aug 2013, 10:22:49 »
I've been searching on the local council website to see if there is any further info on that land and I can't find any planning applications for it. Not sure if I'm searching in the correct section so if any one else fancies digging around then here's the link.
http://lv3.east-northamptonshire.gov.uk/LocalView/Sites/localview/#

rochja

« Reply #9 Posted: 16 Apr 2015, 20:12:42 »
Persimmon own a similar strip of land behind their development in Thrapston. They used it a little for storage and access, but once the development was finished they landscaped to the edge, cleared and seeded it and left it for posterity. I have seen nothing to suggest it ever changed hands though. I hope and believe they have found a way of maintaining a distinct clearing between their own development and anything else. In both these cases that should mean no further backward development.
« Last Edit: 16 Apr 2015, 20:13:05 by rochja »

Russell Brown

• Global Moderator
    • Russell's Home Page
« Reply #10 Posted: 17 Apr 2015, 10:01:05 »
Well... things have possibly moved on a bit.

Persimmon have made noises about handing that strip of land to the PC for an extension to the Nature Reserve.... but that doesn't change the fact that there are still two road heads leading directly into it so there was an intention to develop it.

As there has been no formal, or even written, offer I'm not going to hold my breath but at least it's not 100% certain it will be built on.

Madcatlady

« Reply #11 Posted: 17 Apr 2015, 11:24:12 »
Several different people at Persimmon have stated that they do not own that land and therefore cannot build on it. Sadly I now know from experience that Persimmon don't know what the word 'truth' means. I fully expect them to build on it if they get permission. :-(