Author Topic: New Mini Allotments  (Read 920 times)

Rob. M

• Parish Councillors
New Mini Allotments
« Posted: 20 Jun 2013, 20:32:02 »
Kings Cliffe Parish Council and Transition Kings Cliffe recently agreed for two existing allotments to be divided into 'mini plots'. Their aim is to offer anyone interested the chance to immediately start growing or simply to try allotmenteering, without waiting for or committing too a vacant full size plot.  The scheme is open to everyone on a first come first served basis whether or not they are on the Parish Council's current waiting list for a full size allotment. Look out for further details in The Gazette and if you are interested please contact Kirk on 470876 for Transition Kings Cliffe who are trialing the scheme.
« Last Edit: 21 Jun 2013, 19:59:25 by Rob. M »

clive ibotson

Re: New Mini Allotments
« Reply #1 Posted: 21 Jun 2013, 00:33:52 »
One o

HilaryB

• Snr. Member
« Reply #2 Posted: 22 Jun 2013, 17:42:39 »
Sorry Robert - the people from the village on the Allotment waiting list have been given priority and I have e-mailed them and Kirk for Transitions to that effect.  If there are no takers, then it is open to all!

Fireworks Graham

« Reply #3 Posted: 27 Jun 2013, 11:00:58 »
i really like the smaller plot idea as even half an allotment is too much for time pressured people.  The large plots are often too much for people and probably why so many fall into a poor state or become shed city!  I also beleive there is an opportunity for the Parish council to charge a premium for smaller plots a bit like advertising space.  Perhaps this could be considered at a future PC meeting and then the waiting list people asked about what they would like.

HilaryB

• Snr. Member
« Reply #4 Posted: 27 Jun 2013, 11:56:15 »
Little bit more complicated than it sounds, Graham - the two plots had been Kirks and it was all a bit of an experiment with Transitions
- offered initially to those on the waiting list - but there are no more vacant plots at the moment.  As the rental  is only 10 per annum for a full plot, it is not a money making plan; those taking the mini-plots have no rent to pay at the moment.  It is all under discussion!

Rob. M

• Parish Councillors
« Reply #5 Posted: 27 Jun 2013, 14:56:13 »
i really like the smaller plot idea as even half an allotment is too much for time pressured people.  The large plots are often too much for people and probably why so many fall into a poor state or become shed city!
More or less why KC Transition suggested trialing mini-plots especially when two 'Transitioners' found themselves with underused full size plots. Believe their aim is to offer more folk the opportunity to try allotmenteering an activity in keeping with the global Transition movement aim of greener living. At least this is how I understand it. May still be worth asking Kirk about mini-plots. Although said to be all finally assigned at the excellent Parish Plan Open Day somebody may yet drop out. If not, then what - more mini- plots?