Author Topic: Butchers Van  (Read 2321 times)

mgd

• Parish Councillors
Butchers Van
« Posted: 24 Aug 2012, 14:07:22 »
I understand that Nelsons Butchers Van, which comes to the Village on Wednesday and Friday, has had a complaint about him tooting his horn .For the life of me I cannot understand any-one complaining, it isn’t as if the driver holds his hand on the hooter all he does is toot his horn to let his customers know he is in the area.

harrybarry

Re: Butchers Van
« Reply #1 Posted: 26 Aug 2012, 07:24:31 »
Why would anyone complain about the Butchers van,he supplies  a much needed service for our village.I don,t remember anyone complaining about Terry The Fish,he used to blast his hooter  so people knew he was in the village. Sadly Terry has retired so we no longer have a fish man,the Library van also blows his horn to let his customers know when he is about,if people keep complaining maybe we will lose these services,which would be a shame as so many villagers, especially the elderly rely on these wonderful people who service our village.Keep on tooting.

clive ibotson

« Reply #2 Posted: 26 Aug 2012, 10:57:04 »
i fully agree

HilaryB

• Snr. Member
« Reply #3 Posted: 26 Aug 2012, 12:02:21 »
Who on earth is the person complaining?  Really don't want the likes of him/her in 'Cliffe - send 'em back to wherever they came from - must be newcomers!  We have a bell which the 'town crier' used to ring - perhaps we should find a new town crier and really upset their applecart!

mgd

• Parish Councillors
« Reply #4 Posted: 26 Aug 2012, 17:59:50 »
Duck race tomorrow.!!!! Hope the Ducks don't QUACK to loudly and disturb the locals !!!!!

Andy

« Reply #5 Posted: 27 Aug 2012, 09:40:00 »
Trust that Nelsons Butcher has the good sense to ignore a complaint from one person. Might it be possible for a new fish man to be persuaded to make a regular stop in Cliffe?

HilaryB

• Snr. Member
« Reply #6 Posted: 27 Aug 2012, 12:45:36 »
Wonder how many complaints have been made about the ice-cream van?  And the Chinook helicopters which cross the village regularly?  Ditto, the air-ambulance and the times when we are treated to the lovely spectacle and the noise of two Spitfires and a Hurricane?  Good thing the moaners didn't live here when we had Harriers at Wittering!

Cornhusker

« Reply #7 Posted: 28 Aug 2012, 18:33:52 »
I am most concerned as I was awakened at 2-00am by continuous 'hooting' just outside the bedroom window. Should I ask the RSPB to sort this out before the newcomer complains?

n

« Reply #8 Posted: 07 Sep 2012, 14:57:34 »
He was also complaining about the church bells,  so I suppose now they have gone, well everybody needs a hobby.
« Last Edit: 25 Jan 2015, 13:58:48 by n »

Rob. M

• Parish Councillors
« Reply #9 Posted: 23 Oct 2012, 21:53:16 »
What about the 'street cry' from the scrap metal truck too? Why not leave such complainants out for doorstep collection! ;)

HilaryB

• Snr. Member
« Reply #10 Posted: 24 Oct 2012, 07:36:31 »
To whom do I complain about the lesser spotted woodpecker hammering in my garden, please?  ???