Author Topic: Jubilee Commerative Mugs  (Read 1033 times)

HilaryB

• Snr. Member
Jubilee Commerative Mugs
« Posted: 12 Apr 2012, 14:03:47 »
Help needed please!  We have purchased commerative mugs, to be given to all children from the Parish, aged from birth to nine years (or still in Primary school education).  The problem is, how do we distribute them safely i.e. preferably whilst with an adult to avoid breakages, to all those who qualify, how do we find all the names of children who are not at pre or junior school, those who go out of the village to school and infants?  Any sensible ideas very welcome!  Incidentally, there will be extra mugs available to purchase.

kweeks

Re: Jubilee Commerative Mugs
« Reply #1 Posted: 12 Apr 2012, 15:34:15 »
Hi Hilary, I'm really pleased to hear that mugs will be given to the children. My suggestion would be to contact Carrie and Simone our local Health Visitors. They won't be able to give you names but they could provide an opportunity for them to be given out at the baby clinic at the surgery or they may help to distribute them themselves on their travels round. Also, the Toy Library might be able to distribute and/or help. Email if you'd like contact details. One other things is that our youth club starts at 7 years so I will check the registers to see if any children live in the area but go to a different school. Hope this might help.

Fireworks Graham

« Reply #2 Posted: 14 Apr 2012, 07:15:38 »
Will there be any on general sale?  Big fan of the Queen and would like to mark this once in a lifetime event with a momento that has real meaning rather than buying something in a china shop.  I still have my Silver Jubilee mug which I think was made by Gill Meadows in the Pot Shop here in Cliffe.

HilaryB

• Snr. Member
« Reply #3 Posted: 14 Apr 2012, 08:52:42 »
Yes, but have to somehow find out how many children there are - then the remainder will be for sale - but finding out childrens names is proving very difficult, data protection and all that..................someone must have the answer....................