Author Topic: Information from residents please!  (Read 1329 times)

bellash0nks

Information from residents please!
« Posted: 11 Mar 2012, 19:00:56 »
Hello,

My husband and I have been considering moving to the Sovereign Grange development in your village and have been debating whether or not this is the right decision for us.   

I was wondering if any local residents would be able to give us any further information regarding the development and also the area in general please? 

Many thanks

HilaryB

• Snr. Member
Re: Information from residents please!
« Reply #1 Posted: 13 Mar 2012, 15:21:30 »
I'm a native of 70 years - this is the best village in the UK in my humble opinion; possibly a blinkered view - but do join us!  Lively village with two schools, church, pub, shops and organisations for many interests.  I am also parish clerk, so if you look on our web site kingscliffeparishcouncil.co.uk for my number and wish to contact me for details, please feel free.

Russell Brown

• Global Moderator
    • Russell's Home Page
« Reply #2 Posted: 15 Mar 2012, 18:53:31 »
What sort of thing do you want to know?  I'm sure if you're more specific folk will be able to provide meaningful answers  :)

Fireworks Graham

« Reply #3 Posted: 23 Mar 2012, 08:17:32 »
King's Cliffe is a great village with some really nice people.  Like all villages, not everything that goes on here suits everyone all of the time and it's not perfect.  But it is a real community where things go on - we have schools, shops, tradespeople, social activities, sports activities, a pub, club and church.  And people speak to you in the street.  If you like joining in and being part of a community you'll be very welcome.  If you don't want to join in but like the idea of living in the countryside there are other villages locally where not a lot goes on and you'll probably be able to buy property cheaper as there is a premium for coming to Cliffe.  This is a good area generally with lots of other facilities in local towns, good pubs and places to eat and lovely countryside.

As for the development - well - it is a welcome addition in that all villages need to grow to survive but a number of us think that we're getting too many houses too quickly.  Being nosey I intend to look at the showhouse but don't plan on moving as we only moved into this house a few years ago. 

Paddywick

« Reply #4 Posted: 02 Apr 2012, 13:02:48 »
We moved up from London 11 years ago and not regretted it one bit. KC has a real community spirit; the more you put into it, the more you will get out of it. As others before me have said, there is plenty going on here and you will find the Parish Gazette a useful source of information and contact numbers.
The location is ideal as well. Peterborough (and therefore trains north and south) is only 14 miles away. Cambridge and Leicester are 45 minutes away. The airports of Luton, Stansted, Birmingham and East Midland are all less than 90 minutes drive.
As for Sovereign Grange, this is all very new to us. Not so long ago it was a field, however most of us understand that the village needs to play its part and will prosper if we allow it to grow. It will bring greater prosperity to the local economy, which is very important in this day and age. As long as new development is proportionate and in keeping with the fabric of the village, then it will be supported.
KC has a current population of circa 1,000; a junior school, middle school, a village shop, post office, pub, ex-serviceman's club, a church and other parish clubs and associations. It is a community in the truest sense and a great place to live.
Do consider us seriously and Spread the Word!