Author Topic: Pesky Generator!  (Read 1912 times)

Mrs Brightside

Pesky Generator!
« Posted: 12 Feb 2012, 17:29:31 »
Considerate Construction!
Is anyone finding the constant drone of the generator on the building site in Wood Road aggravating?
Sunday is the only peaceful day we have free from the constant noise caused by the builders on the Persimmon construction site.  I fail to understand why we have to tolerate noise on a Sunday.  Whoever came up with the term "considerate construction" obviously weren't familiar with Persimmons way of working.
If you are finding this noise annoying please write to Adrian Evans at 19 Commerce Road, Lynch Wood, PE2 6LR or call David Groves on 07833489649 and complain.

saflog

Re: Pesky Generator!
« Reply #1 Posted: 16 Feb 2012, 09:45:30 »
Might I suggest you ask the site manager to erect 'baffles' of some kind around the generator, which should muffle the sound?  I imagine it is the only way they can get power to the show house, until mains electricity is installed, and shouldn't prove too difficult for them!  Don't suppose they realise how annoying it is to close neighbours.

Mrs Brightside

« Reply #2 Posted: 16 Feb 2012, 11:26:43 »
Yes baffle boards are a good idea - but I'm not hopeful.  They are perfectly aware of the situation its just, like all the other issues, they will ignore it because they know they can get away with it.
When it comes down to these situations its a matter of keep working on it until either your worn out or they eventually succumb.  As I said Considerate Construction - they dont know the meaning!

HilaryB

• Snr. Member
« Reply #3 Posted: 17 Feb 2012, 10:47:00 »
Baffles : I have asked the Site Manager if they can do this - please let me know if they do anything about it!

Mrs Brightside

« Reply #4 Posted: 17 Feb 2012, 18:14:49 »
Thanks HilaryB I will keep you posted!

Mrs Brightside

« Reply #5 Posted: 26 Feb 2012, 17:45:42 »
Heaven!
The 'pesky generator' has just been switched off - hurrah!
I'm not aware there has been any improvement in the noise.  It's less noticeable during the week due to all the other noise on the site but on weekends I'm very aware of the constant droning.  We had visitors last weekend that asked what the noise/feeling they experienced whilst in the kitchen.
I'm assuming the request for baffles has not, as yet, been carried out.
I guess feelings are not warm and fuzzy towards Charles Church as there was some very graphic graffiti on the side of the house nearest the road (I believe the show house) not very nice but I'm not surprised.
Thank goodness for today's sunshine and the birdsong.

HilaryB

• Snr. Member
« Reply #6 Posted: 27 Feb 2012, 09:52:45 »
The site manager tells me they are hoping to have mains power to the site in the next few weeks then hopefully that will be one problems solved.  Patience is a virtue, so I am told!  Keep us informed, please, I did know about the graffitti; I imagine it was cleaned off fairly sharply!

Mrs Brightside

« Reply #7 Posted: 28 Feb 2012, 12:23:04 »
Yes they attempted to remove the graffiti quickly but it can still be seen.  Perhaps the new owners of that house could adopt it for a house name! (tee hee!)
Thank you for the good news about the electricity but being ever the cynic will comment we were told that over 3 weeks ago.
Thanks HilaryB for your support.
Yes patience is a virtue so is smiling and turning the radio up loud!

Fireworks Graham

« Reply #8 Posted: 01 Mar 2012, 08:13:04 »
As we don't live near the site I haven't been bothered by the noise but don't start me on the mud on the road situation!  I didn't realise they were part of the considerate contractor scheme.  Any problems with a registered site can be reported to considerate contractor and they will take action.  In a previous job we registered one of our sites and because someone had issues we ended up being visited almost every week.  Not something a contractor would want!