Author Topic: MEND project (pre-school)  (Read 1358 times)

kweeks

MEND project (pre-school)
« Posted: 06 Jan 2012, 15:45:02 »
Sure Start Oundle are coming to Underground to run their MEND 2-4 programme. This programme is for ages 2-4yrs and is aimed at children who are reluctant to try foods with different tastes and textures and to promote a healthy attitude to food through fun and games. The programme runs for 10 weeks and each session will comprise of play, a food tasting session and advice for parents/carers on dealing with a fussy eater. Sure Start staff and play workers run the sessions and provide all the food. The programme is totally free of charge.  There has been a good level of interest this programme so far but unfortunately the Friday afternoon time slot given by Sure Start for the sessions isn't convenient for those who wish to attend. I am liasing with Sure Start at the moment to take part in the next 10 week block which should start around March/April and I am asking for a Wednesday afternoon time slot if at all possible (1.30-3.00pm to allow older youngsters to be collected from school). More places are available so if you're interested in booking a place for your child(ren), please contact me at Underground on 470125 or by email at weekskate1979@aol.com. I will post more details as I get them and also put them in the Gazette.